Um, sorry I don't have pictures to put on my blog, but, they are on facebook...I know that won't help those of you who don't have facebook, so, go to a friends house who does have facebook and look for me on their facebook to see a few pictures. Also, there are links of the blogs to my other teammates, really awesome people, and they have put pictures on theirs I think. Then you can put some faces to my teammates' names so you can pray for them!
I want to let you know that God is already doing mighty things. Yesterday, we went to the same village called Namuwango, or what they nicknamed "Soweto". I was talking with Emma (short for Emmanuel), a local man who lives on our compound, and he told me that they call it Soweto because in South Africa Soweto is a slum area down there, and this is considered the poorest and most run down area in Kampala. Honestly, being there only 3 hours, though in America sounds like not a lot of time, seriously wears you out. To see the poverty and the kids, to see the town and the way people live, I'm not gonna lie, it's not easy at all. I feel very exhausted by the end of it.
We have been there the past two days. One day we did church with the believers there. Seeing their joy was extremely encouraging. The next day we walked around the houses to share the gospel. We came across this one woman who was sitting by her house crying. We asked her what was wrong and she said she was very sick. We asked to pray for her and she invited us in her house. As we talked, we found out she had seven children, her husband had died, and now that she was sick she was too weak and she was just full of sorrow the whole time we talked with her. Her mom was saved, but she said she did not believe. As we talked and shared with her, she said she was ready to receive Christ into her life. The Lord was with us and she prayed to receive Christ, praise the Lord for His salvation and hope for those who don't have much to hope for in this life! I hope we can go and see her again soon.
Please pray for our team because we are all getting over sickness- it is hard to go out each day when we are all feeling bad. Also, please pray that we will have direction and discernment as to what we will be doing for the next four months because we are still in the process of just getting used to the culture, living here, finding direction, all that fun stuff. Thank you guys! If you can write me on email or comment! Love, me
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment