I’m sorry for all those who feel this way, I don’t want you feeling this way because I know many of you are praying for me and for what is going on, and I am trying my best to really inform all of you of what is happening. Sometimes, honestly, it is hard to put into words what is happening, especially within these first three weeks, like I can’t even believe I’ve been here for three weeks already. What might help, though, is looking onto my team-mates blogs, the ones that are on the right hand side, and clicking on them to see what they have written. They are going through the same experiences, but they may remember something I forgot to say, they may say something that I couldn’t describe, or they may give a fuller picture of what goes on around here with us. Point is, it might be really helpful in getting a better understanding of what goes on here with us!
What I do want to say is this, that God has been working very much in our team and through our ministry, through our relationships with the people and much more. The other day, we went into the hospital. It is not like American hospitals, to say the least. It is very very different, and going in there was very hard. Seeing the kids and the parents or caretakers of the kids sitting there just made my heart wrench with compassion. Basically, I wanted to give them the love and hope Jesus has for us, and so I hope to go there every week, but we shall see what God does.
I wish I could really update ya'll with what God is doing in my heart and in my life, but right now words cannot express what I feel all the time. Sometimes, words just can't describe it. The other day, I woke up with praise on my lips, a worship song just bursting from my heart, and that whole morning I spent praising the Lord with song. Maybe it's just something where, all I can do, when things are just inexpressible or crazy, or everything, or I don't know what I'm feeling, that I need to just praise the Lord. In fact, that's what the pastor talked about on Sunday, just praising the Lord in every situation. I'm pretty sure that's biblical :)
So, what I really want to say to you all is that the Lord is truly working and doing amazing things, and I thank you for your prayers. My team is healthy, we have been getting more used to this culture, I have been building relationships with people and learning about their stories- God has really been working and will continue to lead as we begin really digging into starting/training leaders in knowing how to begin children's ministry. Thank you for your prayers, I love you all!
Sarah
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Sarah, We just wanted to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY (and Valentine's Day)!! We hope you had a great birthday in Kampala. You are in our prayers. Sherry and Jessica (Jake's mom and sister)
ReplyDelete