Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This is the story...Join in prayer with your brothers and sisters in Africa

Those of you who have been keeping up with my blogs and such, do you remember me mentioning the witch doctor? Ok, well there is a lot more to this story that I want to share with you, and I hope that as I share you will join with me in this prayer walk through this little area of Kisugu, and I took pictures just so you could have a virtual tour through the little area so you actually have a reality to your prayers!


So basically, this witchdoctor lady moved into her home in about 2000, during this time she decided that she would take land that wasn't even her own. I asked Dianah why they didn't stop her, and they told me she took it by the force of guns. I don't know exactly what that means, but, I'm guessing it means that she took the land and those who messed with her had the threat of their life. Other than the fact that she shouldn't have taken land that wasn't hers is the fact that the land she took by force was the land that Christine, a woman at our church, said God told them would be the land for their church. So, because the witchdoctor took the land by force, they built their church on a different piece of land.


It has been these past few days that I have learned all this information- why?- because on Saturday Esther, the landlord who is in charge of these pieces of land, shared with us that they are trying to build something behind these walls the lady has so they can make a place to hold sunday school. Thus far, on Wednesdays, we have been teaching sunday school to the kids outside in a large field, it's very hot, people are complaining that we are too loud, and it's hard to keep the kids attention if there is a field with other things to do! So, they are building this place so they can minister to the kids better! But as they have been building, this witchdoctor lady has been complaining- about land that really isn't hers. So really, she has no reason to be complaining. As a result, Esther has decided to take this woman to court on Friday.


This is where we as a body need to be praying- I feel as though the Joshua story is appropriate to talk about now. Remember the walls of Jericho? That land was totally the promised land to the Isrealites, but some other people got it and proudly displayed their power over the Isrealites, spiting God and His people. But God wouldn't let that happen, because that's His territory, and He's greater than all other gods or people. So, the people walked around the wall in obedience to the Lord and as a result of God's presence, His power, and the obedience of His people, the walls of Jericho fell down and they claimed the land that God rightfully gave them.


It's funny how much this story corrollates with my story today, the reality of what I have discovered these past few days. I have felt the Lord impress in my heart the need of doing exactly what Joshua did with the walls of Jericho (well, maybe not walking around the building, but definitely praying and fasting). And I have felt that you guys need to be part of this great task also. I'm not exactly sure what will happen with Esther and her family going to court about this, but, of what I understand (and I don't understand too much), if Esther wins the case then possibly these houses that the witchdoctor has built will be torn down, there will be no more complaints about them building the place for sunday school, and God's land will be reclaimed for the church and His people. So, I feel that you guys should be just as much a part of this as I am. We need the chosen people of God to bond together in agreement to reclaiming His land.


Let me show you what you are praying over, and who you are praying over:

No comments:

Post a Comment